Vegetable Curry with Couscous
A vegetable curry made with simple ingredients that are readily available in South Africa. This dish takes just 25 minutes to cook and prepare and is low in fat.
2/3 cup uncooked couscous
1 cup water
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
¼ cup vegetable broth or add some vegetable stock
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 bag frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower OR use stir-fry vegetables
½ cup raisins
⅓ cup chutney
¼ chopped peanuts
- Cook the couscous in water as directed on the packet.
- Meanwhile in a pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently until tender.
- Stir in the broth/stock, curry powder, salt and frozen vegetables.
- Heat to boiling. Boil about 4 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the raisins and chutney.
- Serve over couscous.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Lizane Badenhorst, North West, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews