Vietnamese Veggie Soup
The Thai noodles that have been used in this Vietnamese dish are rice noodles made with rice and water.
2 x 375 ml cartons vegetable stock
3 cups boiling water
4 cm piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 250g packet dried rice stick noodles
250g assorted sliced veggies - corn, beans, mangetout, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
1 small brown onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
150g bean sprouts
1-2 small fresh red chillies, finely sliced
- Combine the stock, water and ginger in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Stir in the soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 3 minutes or until soft. Drain. Divide among serving bowls.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the veggies into very thin slices. Add the veggies to the stock mixture and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Ladle the hot soup over the onion and noodles.
- Top with the coriander leaves, bean sprouts and chillies. Serve
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Siobhan Clarke, The Carrot Factory Catering Company, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews