Zucchini are part of the same family of aubergines (also known as eggplant or brinjal) and so are very rich in water. 'Trifolati' means sliced and cooked in a fried pan.
This dish is really easy to prepare and good as a side dish or for breakfast.
4 larger or 6 smaller zucchini
1 diced tomato
1 clove finely chopped garlic
3 tsp olive oil
- Slice the zucchini into 5mm thick round pieces and put them on a plate. Salt the slices so that they release some of their water; this takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the onion into tiny rings, pour the oil into a frying pan, add the onions and the garlic.
- Once the onions become transparent, add the zucchini and a dash of soy sauce. Leave the zucchini to cook for about 10 minutes, then add the tomato and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt and a little basil then allow to cook for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Tip: if there is not enough liquid then add a little water. Allow the zucchini to fully cook; they must me smooth when ready.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Diego Bianchi, Como, Italy
Show Comments / Reviews
1 Comments / Reviews